19 August 2005

Pulling triggers and headaches from Hell...

So I did it. I pulled the trigger on the new computer. Well, my first computer ever. It took me until I was 32 years old to purchase a computer, and as my sister so succinctly put it, it was time to do it. Now I just have to figure out how to pay for it. Just kidding, I’ve got it like that. Not exactly “like that”, but enough. I let my past sway me, and I bought a new Apple iBook. I say I let my past sway me because back in the day, when I first started college, they had this program called MacAct, which was pretty advanced for 1991. They wired 3 dorms on campus with fiber optic cables, and then networked every dorm room in those 3 dorms. I know, this doesn’t sound that radical, but remember, this was 1991, and fiber optic cable was something of an unknown, and kind of really super cutting edge at the time. As well as networking that many computers was pretty cutting edge. The school actually gained nationwide recognition for doing it, and advancing computing by doing that. Anyway, as the name implies, we all received Macs for our dorm rooms. The good old Mac LC I think it was. And damn if they didn’t have 40 meg hard drives, yeah, a WHOLE 40 meg. Needless to say, I loved the Mac, and have lusted after one ever since that time period of my life, and now, I have one being built for me by Apple. It should be aight I tell you, aight indeed. 80 gig hard drive this time though, slightly larger than the first Mac that I had in my life. I had to get a laptop as well, the techno geek inside of me wouldn’t allow for just one desktop computer in my life. I need this portability of course. Why? I don’t know, I just feel like it should be that way. Everything else is going portable, why not my first computer? I figure in 5-10 years, everything is going to be wireless anyway, might as well be ahead of the curve this time. Although, checking out their website, I found myself drooling over the desktop systems that they have as well. All in good time. Maybe I’ll just get a kick ass desktop when I buy a house. That way I can have super power at home, and medium power on the road. It’s all good.

I have finally discovered Podcasting, which makes me happy. There are a lot of talk shows and other stuff out there that I don’t get to hear on a normal basis, and they have it on iTunes, so now I can just load it up, and listen at my leisure. There are some news shows that I’d like to catch, but I’m not in the car at those times of the day, so I can’t catch them, or they’re just not available where I am. Mostly, they’re the whacko left wing nut shows that are the antithesis of say, Rush Limbaugh, but just coming form my side of the equation. They’re entertaining, but I don’t put a whole lot of credence into what they “tell” me, just because it’s sensationalism just like the crazy right wing stuff, but it is entertaining. And that’s the difference between myself and someone that listens to say Limbaugh, or Savage. I take everything my guys say with a grain of salt, but there are a lot of people from the right side of the equation who take things that Limbaugh and Savage and others say as gospel, and the complete and utter truth. And hence we have dittoheads, which just tells me that these folks just repeat what they hear, and don’t think for themselves, and even more surprising, they’re actually damn PROUD of being dittoheads. That’s just silliness. Oh well, only in America can someone be a pretentious windbag, and make a ton of money at it. OK, maybe not only in America, but it does help being located here and all. I’m really sick of the machinations of both sides really. They both make me dislike what is going on. Attack, repel, other side attacks, and so on. That’s the way politics in America is being run today folks.

I had a head busting migraine headache yesterday morning. I think it has something to do with A. Not sleeping very much, and B. Not exercising very much these days. I need to A. Get back on the exercise train and B. Take knock out drugs to get me to sleep during the week and get back in a natural cycle of sleep and stuff like that. I woke up yesterday morning, head pounding, eyes hurting, and feeling like my head was getting ripped apart by wolverines. This, not a good thing. I asked the SO to bring my some drugs and water, and then passed out as she left the room to head off to work. Next thing I know, it’s 11:30, and my head, still ripping. I take said drugs, and pass back out for a little while, until like 1:30 or so, wake up, and feeling almost euphoric, but still head-achy. Get some breakfast, watch some TV, surf some internet, and then lay back down for a nap, get back up, watch some more TV, and then am asleep by like 10 that evening, and slept like a rock. I seriously think I get too tired out, and that’s why my head creeps up on me, and brings me down every once in awhile. This is not a good thing. Not a good thing at all. Though today, all is well with the head, but I’m still feeling sleepy and sort of run down. Again, this weekend, will try to catch up on sleep, and get some good downtime in the bed, and between the covers. Will start riding again this weekend, with some solo rides on Saturday and Sunday, and continuing through next week and beyond. With the SO starting school again soon, and with her testing coming up, and teaching, and writing, and studying, and so on and so forth, she’ll be relatively unavailable most weekends, so I might as well ride the bike, and see her in the evenings where applicable. She’s going to be one busy little SO for certain. Good luck to her though. She’ll get through everything just a-OK I’m betting. After this fall, it’s ABD kids, ABD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home