15 August 2005

Iran, Kung Fu Hustle, and Apple...

In hindsight, maybe drinking the Diet Air drink last night was not such a good idea. Seeing as how Guarana is a substance that works like caffeine, only stronger, it appears that this little drink kept me awake throughout the night. Of course, I didn’t realize this until it was too late, and the drink was consumed. I hate that I didn’t read the label more closely of the drink. Consumed around 9:00PM, and by 10:30PM, I was wide ass awake and staring at the ceiling. 2 hours later, I got dressed and went back home from the SO’s house. By 3:30AM, I had watched several really bad movies. By 5:30AM, I had read just about everything there was to read on the internet as far as news goes, and posting some random useless thoughts on usenet groups that I tend to frequent, and watched all of the stupid movies that I could find out there. Then, laid down at around 6AM, dozed for oh, about 30 minutes, never really fell asleep, and then got up, showered, and came to work which is where I’m sitting now, typing this little ditty on the ‘puter. The funny thing is, is that I’m not even tired for the most part. I feel actually kind of full of energy, but I’m thinking that this feeling is going to go away before the end of the day. We’ll see. I still hope to get in a ride this afternoon of course, before the daily thunderstorm rolls through and drenches everything.

Fact. I’ve never owned my own computer. I was thinking about this fact this morning when discussing purchasing a computer with my sister via e-mail. It’s pretty funny (funny strange, not funny ha-ha) that someone who is internet savvy and computer savvy doesn’t actually own a computer, or has ever owned a computer. Interesting no? So I was thinking about getting an Apple Powerbook, which in my opinion is like the Ferrari of the computer world. If I had the big dollars, I would get the large screen version (17”), but I think I’m going to have to go with the small screen edition (12”) for this kid’s price range. Although, looking at it now, the iBook is attractively priced at $999 for the 12” version, so I don’t know, we’ll see. I’ve been jonesing to get a computer for a long time now for some reason, and I think that this might be the week for the most part, have to check the funds of course, and then go from there. Since my roommate already has wireless in the house, it’ll be easy to kick back in bed, write some stuff, and do my work in the bedroom, or in the living room, or wherever. Could be good stuff. I’ll get an opinion back from the big sister, who is knowledgeable about all things Apple at this point in time. If she thinks it’s a good deal, then I’ll roll with it. I’d of course have to get the Superdrive so I could burn DVDs. It would be nice. Ever since I had a MacIntosh back in college (it was a loaner so it actually wasn’t mine), I’ve liked Apple computers a lot. Even crazier was that back in the 1991 when I had the Mac, it had a 40 MB hard drive, which at the time I never thought I could actually fill up, it seemed enormously huge. Of course, bear in mind, the only computers I had exposure to previous to this were some old Apples like the IIE or something like those, where you still had a boot disk. This had its own internal hard drive, that was something new and exciting. Of course by the end of the school year, I had enough crap loaded onto that hard drive to fill it, and then some. It didn’t take long, and with the fledging “internet” that rolled into our rooms at the end of the year, we could chat with others across the country. That was pretty edgy back then. I’d like to think I was on the precipice of the instant messaging revolution that we see now, since I was doing it 14 years ago with QuickChat over our small intranet, and later internet. Yep, I’m a groundbreaker once again.

On Friday I purchased the movie Kung Fu Hustle. This is yet another movie that I would highly recommend everyone to see, that is if you’re either a fan of Looney Tunes cartoons, or kung fu movies, this is a great combination of the 2. It has unlikely heroes, and unlikely villains. Normally what we see in action movies are the young good looking people taking the lead of things. This is just the opposite in this one (well, for most of the movie). Essentially you have a bunch of old crusty folks kicking some serious ass, and it’s done in a style that I’ve not seen before, which makes me want to find the other movie that this particular director made called Shaolin Soccer, which is also, from what I hear, excellent. So check it out, and if you haven’t seen Wedding Crashers yet; what the hell are you waiting for?? Get out there and see it. I’m not going to tell you again.

Anyone want to put money on when the United States attacks Iran? Actually, what will probably happen is that we’ll just let Israel fly over, drop a bunch of bombs on their nuclear facilities, and let them deal with it. Since Iran essentially has made it their mission in life to wipe out the Zionist nation, but I’m sure Boy George will get us involved in that whole mess before he steps out of office in 2008, and then leave the clean up to whomever has the unfortunate role of assuming the Presidency after him. The consequences of the US using military force in Iran could be catastrophic. The Middle East has been destabilized enough by the United States, invading, or even dropping bombs in Iran would make it worse even still, but hey, why not go for the trifecta while we’re over there I guess. I reiterate, George W. Bush is a moron. I guess he can’t help it, he just is.

2 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of oil and/or mineral reserves does Iran have? I think that is crucial to the attack question.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger giantcu92 said...

Iran has a lot of mineral reserves, ie Oil, which will once again be crucial to the attack planning of Iran in the future. Also, Iran is the sworn enemy of Israel, and they have more than once committed to eliminating the "zionist nation" from the face of the Earth, which would actually be OK for most evangelical Christians in the US (like George W. Bush) who believe in the rapture, and that one of the prophecies about the coming of the rapture says that a war between the zionist nation and the Arab world must erupt for the rapture to come forth. The more we push them towards this, the closer, in theory, we get to rapture. The Christians LOVE the thought of this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home