06 July 2008

Thing is...

Thing is, the wife and myself, we bought a house last week (pictures forthcoming after I go over there for the inspection this coming week). Yeah, we finally did it. We're all grown up now, we'll have a mortgage, a house, and actual furniture and stuff like that. I can't think of a better place to do this though. Asheville is a great place to live. Actually, it's horrible. Everyone should just stay away from here, and run as fast as you can. No, but seriously, it's great. I just don't want more people like myself moving here is all.

Just a few quick updates:

1. The wedding season is finally over for myself and the wife. We went back to the homeland this weekend (Mexico Maine), and my parents had a great party for us to celebrate our marriage, since we did have a very small wedding in the Caribbean, not everyone got to come. The folks who didn't get to come, came on over, we had tons of food, drinks, games, and a good time was had by all. I got to see a few folks from my class I haven't seen in probably 10-15 years, and caught up with some old friends from around town, and they all got to meet the wife, which was good as well. We had a great time, and thank everyone for coming out this weekend. It was much appreciated.

2. See first paragraph above. We bought a house.

3. The new job is going well thus far. Can't complain. It's much like the old job, except not covered in a layer of crap all of the time. Meaning, this place I'm working at now, at least for now, has their act together, and things seem to be working out pretty good for me so far. I'll start traveling soon for work, and we'll go from there. Of course there will be some rougher times, I have no doubt about it, but for now, I'm working normal 8-9 hour days, getting to ride the bike after work, and can't complain at all really, nope, not at all.

And I think that's about it for now, like I said, just some quick updates. I'm thinking about starting up another blog. The next one is going to be all about things I get from my suppliers during business trips. Just the physical things, oh, and maybe I'll drop a few pictures in there of extravagant dinners they get for us as well. Actually, I might just make that an on-going project of this blog as well. No need to start up yet ANOTHER blog for something like that right? Yeah, probably true. Stay tuned for useless shit I get from my suppliers.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home