15 June 2007

Who says???

Who says that you can't take good pictures with a camera phone? Well, normally I would say such things, but alas, if you take a bunch of pictures, eventually you might get a good one somewhere in time. I happened to snap a good shot with the camera phone. See below. Yes, believe it or not, I actually took it with my Razr when the fiance and I were at the beach this winter right before Christmas.



See I had a few days off from work before heading Northward for the Christmas break and all, and we decided to spend the latter part of a day in Wilmington because, well, we could. We took a drive down, walked along the deserted beach, walked around town at night with the Christmas lights on, and had a nice Thai dinner in a little restaurant we chose while walking around. Wilmington, nice place, especially in the winter when there aren't that many touristy type people around. I kind of liked it when I was there.

While we were walking down the beach though, there was a house for sale. it was just on the other side of the sand dune, directly at the back of the beach. Over the dune, and you were on the beach, it was that close. It was old. Run down. And not very nice. Checking out the sale flyer out in front of the house, I looked at the price. 1.5 million. Yes, 1.5 million for a POS house on the edge of the dune. The sale flyer said, "The value is in the location." The crazy thing is, I bet it sold, or has sold by now. Someone with more money than sense will buy it, knock it down, and build some mansion in its place, and then get mad when it gets flooded at the next sign of a hurricane. But hey, it's not my money and all.

What about that picture though? Not bad eh?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never say never, my boy.

EVERYONE loves the beach. And now, so do you.
Thai? At the beach...I guess you couldn't go all the way, huh?
I'm still proud of you. I know Steph is the reason you sucked it up and went to the coast.

Now, tell me you love me.

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BORING!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home