13 June 2007

Today was a long day...

Today was a long day.

It started out with heading to work at about 5:30 in the AM.

It continued when I got a call from the SO that her stomach was still hurting her, so she was going to head to the clinic to have it checked out.

She called the clinic, they said, no, go to the emergency room.

She called me at about 9:00AM saying that she was going in. Shortly thereafter, an ER nurse calls me to say that she has been admitted, and that she wants me there. I bolt from work, and arrive at around 11 or so in the morning.

She gets a CT scan, appendix is a no go. It's got to come out. We sit in the ER until about 7:00PM, at which time, I head home to get some food, and get some things for the SO, and head back to the hospital. By the time I get back, they finally have her in a room, a real one, instead of sitting on the side of the desk in the ER with lots of noises, and people running all around the place. After being in the ER all day long though, I can say, those guys do a hard job, but they appear to be a lot less stressed in their job than I am in mine. Maybe it was the level of cussing, or I should say, lack of swearing that was going on. And there were only a couple of people yelling, and carrying on (that's another entry all in itself, stay tuned for that one). It was a long day of sitting on hard chairs and in uncomfortable positions (like the back of a Volkswagen??) for me. Anyway, I digress, this wasn't about me.

She goes in, gets it taken out, and all is well. The downside is that, she's not done with the surgery until around 1:30 (well, that's when they rolled her back into the room). I gave her a quick kiss, and headed home, where I am now, decompressing.

All is well with the SO though. Operation went well, no complications, and she'll come home tomorrow, and have a quick recovery from this whole thing. Mostly because it was done laproscopically, not by the "old" way they used to do it. It is not almost 3 in the morning, and it's time to head to the rack, and get some rest.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home