18 April 2006

Good news...

I have an announcement to make. Some of you out there may have heard this earlier today, or yesterday, or whenever. I decided to ask the SO to marry me last night, and she, fortunately for me, accepted. So now, I am engaged to be married. I would get into all the details and things like that, but I think I'm going to keep that myself. We have been talking about getting married for quite some time now, and I am betting that she was wondering when she might get asked. I had purchased her engagement ring about 2 months ago, and was holding onto it for a short while, and last night, we were just sitting in bed, talking, getting ready to go to sleep, and we started talking about it again, so I decided that then and there was the right place to do it. Sure it wasn't romantic or pre-planned, or anything like that, but it just came out. We had talked about getting engaged many times before, that I do believe she thought I was kidding when I asked her. And then I pulled out the ring, which is of course when she knew I was serious. It's so hard to tell when I'm being serious sometimes I think.

So far, no date has been set, but we'll work that out probably this evening and see where we stand, and what form it is going to take. Keep in tune for the details later on.

With that, it's actually time to go and see the fiance this evening.

2 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, congrats!! hey that ring is missing a big rock...!

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger giantcu92 said...

No rock required according to her. So I got lucky on that count as well.

Thanks for the congratulations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home