04 April 2006

Boogers on the wall...

Where I work, there is of course a bathroom, which if any of you know me, I tend to frequent such places a lot. Yes, I drink a lot of water during the day, so have to make many bathroom breaks to release pent up fluid in my bladder. Anyway, in the bathroom that I use the most, there is only one urinal. For the past 2 years, there has been a big green booger on the wall left and above the urinal itself. Why? Why is this thing there? I don't understand it. Especially when this bathroom allegedly gets cleaned about 3 times per day during the first shift, and yet, there it is. Staring at me. Every single day of the week that I'm at work. The green nose goblin someone so graciously removed from their nose, and wiped on the wall for lack of a better place to put it I guess (why they didn't flick it into the urinal, I don't know). What is wrong with people?

Would you pick your nose standing in front of your toilet at home and then wipe it on the wall? No you say. Well then, hey asshole, don't do it at work either. What the hell is the matter with people that they treat their workplace like a trash bin. I just don't get it. Now, if you've been reading along here for awhile, you will know that I have no love for my workplace, and that they have their thumb on the back of my neck just like "the man" is supposed to be doing. But at least I respect my workplace enough to clean up after myself, and to not wipe my boogers on the wall while I'm relieving myself in the men's room. Jeez people, it's just freakin' common sense. Isn't it? Well, you'd of course think so, but alas, like I said, there it resides, cemented to the wall, for the last 2 years, and something tells me that it will most likely be there 2 years from now. I should get a picture of it just to prove it to you guys. Nah, on second thought, I think you believe me. This of course does rank way lower than the feces smearer we had for awhile. Yes, in the bathroom in the back of the plant that didn't get used all that much, someone would take it upon themselves to defecate, and then take the feces, and rub it all over the walls in the bathroom. This would happen on average, about twice per week, for months. You'd think they would have posted someone in the can back there to wait for this fecal maniac to start working his magic, and then bust him for it. Did they though? Hell no. They just let it continue, and let the poor cleaning people deal with it. I might clean that mess up once or twice, but more than that, they could go and piss off.

Yes, I work in North Carolina, and yes, most of the people I work with would consider themselves rednecks, and they're actually proud of it. Coast through the parking lot at work, and you'll see many a rebel flag stickered proudly on many a vehicle in the parking lot, along with a few license plates with smart sayings like, "American by Birth. Southern by the Grace of God", or "Heritage, not Hate." I'm not saying don't be proud about where you're from, but try not to use a symbol of oppression and racism to justify your proud-ness of where you're from. Now, history tells us that indeed, the Civil War was not completely about slavery, just like 95%, but the confederate flag has that tied directly to it. Slavery is tied to it. Racism is tied to it. The KKK is tied to it, as are neo-nazis, and many other white supremacist groups, and really, that's what a lot of people think about when they see it. So you've got to know that when you're flying the old "stars and bars", there are going to be a lot of people who are going to look at you strangely and wonder what kind of racist thoughts and intentions you're harboring. Anyway, with that diatribe, I'd say 95% of the people that I work with who do fly the rebel flag are decent human beings, as far as I can tell, and seem just like good honest hardworking people. I'm just saying, there is a certain connotation that comes along with that symbol.

In another great thing that happened this week, Tom Delay announced that he will NOT be seeking re-election in Texas. This guy is a class A scumbag if you ask me, and, just about anyone else would agree. He has strongarmed opponents and allies alike throughout his Congressional tenure, and has been censured several times over the years for ethics violations. He has also been indicted in Texas, and it's starting to look more and more that he's going to get nailed in the Abramoff scandal that has been floating through DC the last few months. A few of his aides got convicted, and they're probably telling some good stories about their old boss to reduce their prison team. He's going down. Well, he's already gone down. He had to give up his House leadership position earlier this year, and said he would look to be getting it back sometime soon. And now, he's not even going to be running again, because he has said that he won't be able to take the mudslinging that he will be coming up against if he did run again. This guy is priceless. He's concerned about people slinging mud against him? Umm, hey, ass-wipe, if they're telling the truth; is it mudslinging? This guy has so much bad karma coming his way, he gets everything he deserves. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the orange prison jump suit making friends with Billy Joe down there in Texas if and when he gets tossed into the clink. Ah, there is justice in the world I think.

Here are some quotes from him:

"After many weeks of personal prayerful thinking and analysis, I have come to the conclusion that it is time to close this public service chapter of my life. It’s time to begin opening new chapters and pursuing new opportunities to engage in the important cultural and political battles of our day from outside the arena of the U. House of Representatives...I refuse to allow liberal Democrats an opportunity to steal this seat with a negative, personal campaign....I just realized that my constituents don't deserve this, they deserve a Republican. I think I could have won this seat but it would have been nasty, it would have cost a fortune to do it. The challenge has always been in the interest of the constituents' cause and the Republican majority. I'm more interested in growing the Republican majority than my own future."

What a joke this guy is. He's talking about how liberal democrats are out to get him and make his re-election a nasty battle... He is the master of nasty campaigns. Remember, he was the guy leading the charge to impeach Clinton back in the late 90's. He is right about one thing, his constituents deserve a republican. They haven't had one with him in office. And let's be straight about something, this man has only been, and will only be concerned about himself and his future. He doesn't care about the common person, he cares about money, and what people can do for him. More quotes...

"My friends, there is no Palestinian-Israeli conflict. There is only the global war on terrorism."

You can see from the above quote, he's really not too sure about what's going on in the world.

"Emotional appeals about working families trying to get by on $4.25 an hour [the minimum wage in 1996] are hard to resist. Fortunately, such families do not exist."

Of course, when lobbyists are paying your way through life, being poor is not an issue for you is it Mr. Delay. You are a moron.

"Nothing is more important in the face of a war than cutting taxes."

Now this is a great one. Cutting taxes in the face of war is the most important thing. Why? So we can be further in debt that we already are? Just another moronic statement from a simple simple man who came from being an exterminator to one of the most powerful and corrupt politicians we'll see in our lifetime. Kind of reminds me of when we went to "war" with Iraq, and President Bush told us the most important thing we could do was to go shopping. Huh? These guys. Out. To. Lunch.

"We have a small faction, and they are a minority, who believe they are there to govern. Then there is the majority of us who believe that indeed we are there to govern but more importantly we are there to be an opposition to the Democratic philosophy and the only way to do that is through confrontation."

On bipartisanship ~ From the Houston Chronicle [1991 April 14]

Amazing...

"It's never been proven that air toxics [sic] are hazardous to people."

This one befuddles him to no end. Air toxins (I presume he meant) are not hazardous. What the hell?

Last one...

"So many minority youths had volunteered...that there was literally no room for patriotic folks like myself."

This is what he said as to why he and Dan Quayle didn't fight in Vietnam. Ah, bullshit. I'm sure if you had volunteered you chickenshit chickenhawk, they would have taken you gladly. Tom Delay, a fine American... Yeah, right. Piece o' shit if you ask me.

1 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Bobke Strut said...

Hey Tom-

I wish I could remember which job it was, or maybe it was at my dear alma mater Duke, but there was a men's room that had a "Booger Hall of Fame" above the urinals. Someone actually wrote "Booger Hall of Fame" on the wall, and there was a pretty amazing collection of boogers smeared and stuck to the wall. And it lasted for eons.

Oh, by the way, Emma and I will be in attendance this Sunday at your Paris-Roubaix shindig.

Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home