26 March 2006

Work is, in a word, awful...

Here I thought that my hard work days (60 or 70 hour weeks) were going to be over once we launched this new program we were working on since about, oh, last July. Boy was I wrong as hell. It's been worse, because operating said new program has been a pain in the ass. Why? Oh, defects out the ass, phone calls from customers, more bad parts, sorting of bad parts, and on and on and on. It's just been, well, bad. And it doesn't appear to be getting any better honestly. Every Sunday for the past 5 months, I start cringing around 6PM or so, because I know it's not long for me to get to bed, and to hear that alarm clock ringing in the morning indicating that indeed, it is time to go back to the job that I am starting to loathe. OK, well, not starting to loathe, as I already loathe it, but more like, starting to dread going there. There is an air in the office space when you walk in there in the mornings that says that I'm not the only one feeling like this. The pressure is on, on hard, and it's not getting any less. Mind you, I've been paying so much attention to our new propshaft manufacturing program, that I have paid little or no attention to the halfshaft side of the business that I'm also responsible for, and well, I'm way the hell behind on that front as well. There are so many things for me to do, and not enough time to do them, which is why most days I stay late these weeks. And end up working 40 hours before Wednesday, and of course being a salaried employee, there is no overtime, maybe just a little pat on the shoulder from the boss, but that's about it. Damn, I'm tired of working so much, and tired of not getting anything out of it except more hassle, and more problems. There appears to be no light at the end of this tunnel, I can assure you of that. Everytime you see a little blip of it, you were mistaken, it was just a firefly that snuck in there with you. And what this has done for my health being stressed all the time, not having time to exercise, well, I'm definitely not fit right now. I can say that's for sure. Bike racing is not going to happen for me this year, that I can tell already since I really haven't trained and it's almost April, and the season started, oh, a few weeks ago, I won't be around riding in circles this year. It would be a miracle if I could even get back into shape again before the year is over the way things are going now. Yeah, you could say that work sucks. I have said it before, but the job search might have to be renewed here in the very near future. I don't know how much more of this I can really take before it really starts to get to me, not that it hasn't already, but it's not getting any better like I thought that it would. Ah well, it still pays the bills and all, so I can't complain too much right?

Time to go and take a shower, and start the day I suppose.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow 40 hours by Wednesday??? ok but you must get paid REALLY well if you're still there. Or why else would you be there anyway?

BTW, I have proven true your theory of Jettas and young, attractive women.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home