28 December 2005

I forget sometimes...

I forget sometimes how hard running actually is, and then the time that I do remember, it is normally this time of year when I'm home for Christmas, because that's my only recourse of endurance exercise for the most part. Running. Well, I went out running for the first time that I was home today, and damn, it was hard. Hard on the legs, hard on the lungs, hard because it's something that I only do once for only a week during the year. Oh well, it's good for me. It'll build character. I might go again later on today so that I can get a couple of runs in for today. Double workouts, so hot right now. And necessary. I'm way behind where I should be right now. Ah well, not that big of a deal. Just a general return to fitness and health will be a good thing no matter how long it takes. I'll wait a few more hours though to head back out and run this evening. I'll do it post supper or something like that. To burn off tha food that I'm going to throw down later on this afternoon. Or maybe actually right before we eat, that might be the better idea because running after eating, unlike cycling, is a bad thing, a very bad thing. Chances are good that you're going to see whatever it is you ate again after the pounding and the up and down motion jars it loose from inside of your gullet no doubt. I finally did change out of PJs though since getting home on the 25th, and took a shower. Now that's progress if you ask me, and the stinking stopped, for now.

As I was cruising through the family home, I found my high school senior picture. Damn, that's a funny picture, I need to post it up here so that anyone who breezes through here can laugh their asses off at it. At the very least I didn't have a mullet, so that is a point or 2 there. But I did have a very tight molester moustache. Seriously, it was backwoods Maine in the early 90's, everyone had one of these bad boys. If you looked at my senior yearbook, you'd see what I mean. I did shave it off shortly after this set of senior pictures was taken, which is unfortunate, because for all perpetuity, there it is, out there for all to see what an asshole that I looked like. Good stuff. No wonder chicks didn't dig me in high school, look at me. Funny, I still have the same haircut for the most part though. No wonder I decided to become a hippy in college. Long hair and all. I wish that I could find some of those pictures to throw on up here. Maybe I'll dig some of them out when I get a chance. If I can find them. If I didn't burn them all. Unfortunately, a lot of the pictures I had when I was in college and had extremely long hippy hair is when I was with The Swimmer, and she was in a lot of those pictures, so when she dumped me back in the day, a lot of those pictures that I had were either destroyed or returned. So there are blank spots in my photo album of life mostly due to that fact. Maybe those pictures are better left undisplayed anyway. They would probably scare small children and animals if they were shown out in a public forum. Can't have that on my conscience for now. Maybe later though when I'm feeling particularly vindictive about something. I should have burned the high school pictures when I had the chance though. That would have made things so much easier on me on down the line. I never look good in any pictures of myself that I've ever seen so I have a problem with that to begin with. I'm one of those people that loathe having their picture taken ever, and hence why there aren't many pictures of me running around anywhere. And I like it that way really. I'm starting to come around to it a little bit, but not a lot that's for sure. Just a little bit. The camera does not like me very much, or at all. We'll just leave it at that. In speaking with the SO, she received a video camera for Christmas, and that could be the death of me right there. I'm sure the lens of that contraption will be pointed in my direction more than I'll like it to be.

Going off in another direction here though, I saw that the new X-Men movie is coming out this summer or spring, somewhere in there. And for former reformed comic book geeks such as myself, this one shows much promise. They're starting to bring in a lot of the kick ass characters it appears from year's past, and that's good thing. Just as long as Ben Affleck doesn't play a super hero ever again (see the horrible Daredevil for an example). We should be OK. Also, the new Superman movie looks promising, at least in the trailers that I've seen about it. Let's face it. The Christopher Reeves movies were OK, just OK, for the time, but time for a fresh take on it. This new Superman movie has been going around and around for years now with many different people doing the writing, many different people directing, and they were even talking about Nicholas Cage playing the great caped one. How big of a mistake would that have been right there? Incredibly huge is what I would call it. Nick Cage as Superman? What the hell were those people thinking? Yeah, I know. Star power and all. But that guy hasn't made a good movie since Leaving Las Vegas. I mean, did anyone ever see Face Off?? I rest my case. I'm glad that they didn't cast that guy. Holy shit. I would have protested that one for sure. Maybe thrown eggs, or something of that nature. Nicholas Cage? I think not. I've yet to see the Chronicles of Narnia yet, might have to take that one in when I get back to NC. There are no movie theaters even remotely near to where my parents live. OK, there is one about 30 minutes away, but do I really want to drive for 30 minutes to see a movie? Nah, not right now I don't. When I was growing up and in high school, actually the closest movie theater was an hour away. Now that sucks. I missed a lot of good movies in high school because I couldn't get to them easy enough. Now, I could walk to a movie theater if I really wanted to, and that's a nice thing. Short drive to others in Chapel Hill.

2 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read (about photos of your hippie days) "photos that I could throw up on" not "throw on up".
If you find any of those pics, you might actually get the former!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger giantcu92 said...

Ah, the hippy days. Might bring some of those ones out here in the near future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home