22 November 2005

Quick post...

A quick post and then some bed, as it's getting late and tomorrow, I drive for Florida. Yes, land of oranges and warmth this time of year. Heading down to Tampa otherwise known as the land of the SO's parents. Heading down for Thanksgiving as mentioned before, and I'm looking forward to it. We're going to have a house full of dogs as far as I can see. 2 for the SO's parents, one Beatrice, aka The Bea, aka The Black Plague, and of course my possible all time favorite Maggie, aka Mags. Don't tell The Bea, she'll be pissed at me if she knew she wasn't my favorite. Well, she's sort of my favorite, but when the crying and chortling begin in her hive (otherwise known as a dog cage) at night, it can get a little wearing on a man. Anyway, all the dogs are great, I just happen to have a special place in my heart for Great Danes which Maggie is one of that breed. I'll get some pictures and put them up on here at some point in time. But the driving begins tomorrow, and it's a damn long drive. 12 hours does not sound like a good time, but I can handle it. It'll be like driving back and forth to Atlanta in one day. Yikes. It'll be worth it though. Good food, good company, and did I mention good food? Word on the street is that The Shawn (SO's Mom) has been cooking for like a week or so to get prepared for the feasting to begin this week. Kind of sounds like my Mom. She would cook weeks ahead of time, OK, make that months ahead of time for Christmas, and then always admonish us if we touched the food in the fridge or the freezer, "Leave that stuff alone you Christly kids! It's for Christmas!" Yeah, it's still a running joke in our family, and you can still hear those words ring out when everyone goes home for Christmas still, especially if you're a couple of days early. You're likely to get the hands chopped off if you touch something you're not supposed to in the fridge back in Mexico Maine.

Let me throw out the quick rundown:

1.) Heading to Florida tomorrow, as mentioned before and in the previous paragraph.

2.) Wounds are just about done healing, what isn't done is nicely crusted over.

3.) Work still sucks ass on a daily basis. Today, planned on leaving that joint at 3:45. What time did I leave? Yeah, that would be 7:15. 'Nuff said.

4.) Started riding the bike again, but will be off of it until I get back from Florida.

5.) Ford is coming into work again next week to see our progress, I forsee more late nights for this kid.

6.) I was supposed to get inked this week, but it rained, and the shop in Durham got flooded out. Postponed until next week.

7.) My little brother is getting married next summer, and he asked me to be his co best man. Of course I accepted that honor.

8.) I bought my first suit ever this past weekend. Damn, those things are expensive. Well, not so much the suit, but the tailoring, the shoes, the shirts, the ties, and so on and so forth.

9.) Jason's Deli kicks ass. You need a sandwich, go there. You won't be sorry. New Hope Commons in Durham.

10.) Men's Wearhouse (place I got my suit), if you need a suit, go there, you won't be sorry. Customer service out the wazoo. Good stuff. I was so impressed I wrote a "nice" consumer letter instead of an angry consumer letter.

11.) George W. Bush is still a freakin' moron.

12.) I finally got to shave my legs this week after a 2.5 week of hair growth, damn it feels good to have them smooth again. You get used to that after doing it for many years on end.

13.) JFK was assassinated in 1963 on this date.

And that's about all I can think of for right now. Must be because I'm getting wicked tired, and need to get some serious sleep before the drive. Wish me luck. It's going to be a long one.

3 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger giantcu92 said...

No movies were watched, and the drive was no good for the most part, well, it wasn't bad, just long, 12 hours or so in the car, not fun. One tends to get a little stir crazy behind the wheel I would say.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Miss Cellania said...

Do folks really tell you the Democrats are the party of hate? Thats a pretty skewed viewpoint. Maybe they meant party of eight? I've always been a democrat, but I never felt much hate until GWB took over.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger giantcu92 said...

Yes, it's true. Apparently, we, the democrats, have become the party of hate since we "hate" GWB so much, and it's not so much that I hate HIM, but his governing has a long way to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home