09 October 2005

Ah weddings...

Steve-O and Sarah got married yesterday. It was a long time coming. Those 2 have been together since I moved down here back in 1999, actually, I think they were together even before that. So I've never known a separate Steve-O or Sarah. Those 2 kids finally made it all legal and such yesterday. I knew that the death knell was ringing for Steve-O when they bought a house together last year, that's pretty much it right there. You get a house with someone, you might as well get married as well. This is a good thing, they're just great together. This summer, and Spring, and Fall have been another season of weddings for me. You know how you get to that certain age and it seems like all of your friends, and people you know are getting married? Well, this is round 2 for me this year. My sister and Doug earlier this Spring, cousin Lee and Jeannie, Jason and Amy, Steve-O and Sarah, and then coming up next year we have Joel and Melissa, and Jeremy and Jill at the least, and who knows what else will pop up somewhere along the way. Ah yes, it's weddings again for me this year.

This one was nice though. Good time. Lots of people I hadn't seen either in awhile, or infrequently, and people that I like a lot. So it was good to get out there and mingle with folks and all. The wedding was held at this farm retreat just outside Chapel Hill. I think it's called Snipes Farm Retreat, or something like that. Nice little farm setting. They had the ceremony, and the reception in the same place, which was cool. Catering by Crazy Mae's, a local eatery in Chapel Hill that features some good food, and plenty of it. On the menu I think we had spanikopita, spinach artichoke dip (which was soooo good), tomato dip, pimento cheese sandwiches, chicken salad sandwiches, sauteed mushrooms, and a few other goodies. Essentially, everything there was really tasty. Oh, and they had vegan barbeque chicken sandwiches as well. Unique, and delicious. Semi-open bar, meaning wine and beer. This is becoming more common I think, or it's what I've seen become a little more common these days. And it's not a bad idea. Booze costs so much money to feed the drunks at your wedding. A keg o' beer, and a bunch of wine. How does one go wrong with that? That's right, I don't think that you do. Yuengling in the keg, good stuff. They even had their own cups individualized for the wedding. It was a high class keg party. It definitely wasn't a throw down kind of wedding reception, more of just a good time, lots of good conversation, people roaming around the place talking with one another, drinking beer. It was just very nice. So my hat is off to Steve-O and Sarah, one hat off for getting married. Congratulations! And another hat off for throwing a nice party to top it all off. You guys did well this weekend, and I'm sure that you're going to have a great life together, and have many great times and adventures ahead of you. Congratulations once again. I'm happy for you two.

OK, that's my sentimental rap for today. I also have to mention that the woman who used to live downstairs from me, Sarah List this time, got married this weekend as well. Since I could only attend one wedding, she and her fiance Craig made it legal this weekend as well. So now they're all tied up, and hitched, and living in a house together, and all of that jazz. I think there is something in the water this year making everyone get married. Ah well, it's a good thing. I once thought that marriage was a bad bad thing, but then again, I was severely jaded about it since I was supposed to get married, and the woman that I thought loved me and all, kicked me to the curn unexpectedly shortly before we were to be wed, so that was a little bit of a shocker. But in hindsight, which is always correct right, I wouldn't have the life that I have now if it weren't for her doing that. If she hadn't done that, there is a damn good chance that I would be married, living in upstate New York somewhere, and would probably have 3 kids, a wife, a cat, a dog, and a serious need to strangle myself. So if Chrissy is reading this (doubtful as there are only about 2 people that read this)... THANKS!!! Thanks for kicking me to the curb. It is without a doubt, possibly one of the best things to ever happen to me. Didn't think so at the time, but now, oh hell yeah!

Here are some more pictures from the wedding. First up we have Jason and Amy who got married earlier this year, and I missed their wedding as I was deathly ill and dying on the couch the day that they got married. Sorry guys... I wished that I could have been there for that one. Second picture in here is Jill and Jeremy, they are to be married next June. I think he said it is the 4th maybe? Right near my birthday. Ah yeah. Double parties once again. And then one more picture, this one is of Sasqia (I hope that I spelled that right), and her and her husband Ben's little boy Jonas. This kid was actually pretty cool. He was just hanging out with the rest of the folks, kicking it, not being too fussy, at least that I could tell, and just seemed, well, damn happy to be there. He's cool. Ben and Sasqia is an interesting story for me actually, as I can say that I was there at the start of their relationship, no, really, the start. Their first date I found myself intruding upon more or less. The night they had their first date, I was in Emerald Isle with my friends Scott and Tahe, who also just had their first baby, and we rolled over to Wilmington where Ben lived to hang out with him, and go see a band play (Guns and Roses tribute band Appetite for Destruction). It happened to be Ben and Sasqia's first date that night. I can now lay claim that I was there when it all began. Yes indeed, at the onset of it all. That's pretty cool I think.

Overall, good weekend wedding. Can't complain. I was fed and watered, and the couple looked marvelous. More to come later on this year and next I assume. Congratulations once again Steve-O and Sarah. I hope that your lives together bring nothing but happiness and joy.

3 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Graham Slater said...

I guess Joel's girlfriend's name is probably Marla, not Melissa. But whatever.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger giantcu92 said...

My brother Joel. His fiance's name is Melissa... Ah, young Graham, you know not what of you speak at this point in time, but I'll forgive you since you've never met my brother and all.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger giantcu92 said...

You guys and the reunions... Don't know about the Darden family thing. You guys have more reunions than any other family I know. My family, we have a reunion like once every 10 years, now THAT'S a reunion. Yours is just a 2/year gathering.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home