06 February 2008

Turns out...

So it turns out, in a previous post about the "line up" (see it below) I was talking about this woman that I work with Kara, and the other guy I work with Jamie lurking around her desk day in, and day out. Wondering probably if she was going to throw him a crumb or not, and I said, probably not in a million years. Well, turns out, I was wrong. Indeed, they are doing "laundry" together (I might call it laundry, but other people would call it doing the hibbity dibbity). Anyway, turns out that they're both heading for the big D, and I don't mean Dallas, so they have apparently found one another at work. How quaint. It makes me want to hurl. It's like a freakin' junior high in that place lately. Oh well, to each their own I suppose. Even if I weren't married, you'd not catch me dating someone at work. To hell with that.

Anyway, there are other things afoot at work. The plant manager who is what I like to call a tool bag, has been ousted. Yeah, they sent him back down to the minor leagues, back to the plant he came from (another one of our places unfortunately), but he's only been there for about 6 months, and he's been yanked. Too much. They should have never put him in there, he was not ready to do it, plenty of energy, but no experience, and well, he pretty much just sucks anyway. Yeah, I am a hard critic, but hey, it's my career just as much as his. If the plant manager keeps fucking up, then it could be my job as well. 

My boss, I would like to report has not endeared himself to me at any point in time after the New Year. Instead, he keeps really pissing me off to no end. Let's just say, since I came back after my vacation, and the New Year, there haven't been too many days as of late where I was able to come home before say, oh, 8PM. Sure, there were some exceptions to that, but overall not much really. And today, the bastard has the gall, the nerve I dare say, to call me into his office, and ask me as to why this one thing didn't get done, and then dressed me down about it. Bear in mind, I have been working my ass off for his little projects every single day, and haven't had the time to do really anything else except for Toyota stuff, and we were told, that it was the top priority, stop and drop everything else, so I did. And if someone asked me to do something else, I would tell them, I would do it, if I could find the time to do it, because I had been told that Toyota was top priority. Well, someone needed something done, he asked me, I gave him the above answer, he went to my boss, and that's when I got in "trouble". Now, if I had been sitting around for the week, not doing anything, I had not done this little task, fine, yell at me for that, I would deserve it. But, on the other hand, when I've been working 70+ hour weeks, and slaving for a place that I don't even like that much, is just a touch of respect too much to ask for? I don't think so.

Here's the thing. What he could have done in this situation would be to come over to my desk, and say something like, "Hey, I know you've been working super hard on all of this stuff that we've been asking you to do over the last 4 weeks, but could you take a few minutes and take care of this?" Did he do anything like this though? Nope, he wanted to be a dick about it, and then bring up something else that I was "late" getting over to another customer last week. In other words, he asked me if I could send this report into our customer, and I said yes, but tell them I will do it by COB on Thursday. So he tells them that I would get it to them first thing in the morning on Thursday. I didn't get it in first thing in the morning, and he flipped out about that. Funny thing is, the customer was fine about it. No problem with them. They liked the information I gave them, and closed things out on that one issue. 

My boss is worse than Lumbergh, I guarantee you that. He's just quite simply, a dick. I don't even think he can help it really. I don't think I'll have to worry about him for too much longer though, as he keeps screwing up left and right, so his days are numbered, and he's another one in way over his head. Funny thing about my boss. He was once in the same position I was, and when he interviewed for the position, myself and another co-worker said that no, we don't want him in our group, we don't think he knows what he's doing. Funny, we were right. Too bad nobody listened to us then.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home