07 January 2008

I got more...

More updates. It's January, and the weather yesterday on the 6th of January was beautiful. By the time I got done riding yesterday, it was a full on 65 degrees or possibly warmer. I was riding with just some arm warmers on, and that was it. For January, even in North Carolina, that's pretty sweet. Even though I missed a couple of days of riding during the mid-week this past week, I still managed to get in some good days of base riding. All told, about 13 hours of riding for the week, which isn't too bad coming off of the injury and all. I'm starting to feel better on the bike, and have been able to do several 3+ hour rides in a row. I am thinking about pushing it up to over 4 hours on Saturday next weekend just to see how spent I feel afterwards. We'll see how I feel come Saturday, and what the weather says of course. Many variables to judge in there for certain.

On the bike front, things got even better this weekend. I got my property damage check from the insurance company, so now that is all taken care of finally. I wasn't too mad at the insurance guys, since I was kind of dragging my feet along in the process, and got into contact with the insurance company a little late anyway. After the adjuster came over, reviewed my bike and stuff, it went pretty quick from there. I'm happy with how that all turned out as far as property damages. I think I got a pretty fair deal with everything, and the things that were broken, or suspect, did get covered, so no problems at all for me. Now we move on to the "human" damage, meaning my shoulder with the insurance company. Luckily, I don't have to work this angle of things at all. This is why I've got a lawyer to take care of the more complicated tasks. I think what they've told me is that they'll basically wait until all of my treatments are done, so that they can get a "grand total" of expenditures, and then they'll go out, and get that money back for bills paid, and other items. This could be a much longer process just because of the amount of treatment and physical therapy that I am getting for this surgery. As I've said before, I'll just let the lawyers take care of all of that, and will sit by, and just get updates from them as they come across.

In a quick note about politics. I'm excited about tomorrow's primary in NH. I was just reading, a few minutes ago, how Obama has opened up a double digit lead in the polls on Clinton, which after this weekend (that had them almost even) is pretty amazing. I'm hopeful that the democratic party will finally get around to nominating someone who can be elected, and I think Obama is the cream of the crop in this case. Well, as I've said before, I think Kucinich is THE MAN, but alas, he's never going to get the nomination. I do like that guy a lot though. He is my kind of kook. But since my man Kucinich has basically said that if you can't go for him, go for Obama, I'm sure I'll be taking up my second choice here in a little while. I can't wait to see the returns tomorrow in the primary, and to see Obama beat the crap out of Clinton. Don't get me wrong, I like her, but I think she's wrong for the job at this point in time. And she's not nearly liberal enough for me. Not even close actually. She's a little too pro business, and pro-Israel. I do think that if she gets beat down tomorrow, Obama is going to have tons of momentum going into Super Tuesday, regardless of what happens before that day. This could get interesting tomorrow for sure.

That's about it from here. Except that I'm back at work. This whole vacation thing was NOT overrated that's for sure. I thoroughly enjoyed the almost month that I had off of work. You can believe that. I had forgotten about work I had been gone for so long. It was nice. Now if only I could win the lottery I could do that on a permanent basis, or at least work a fun job. Meaning, go work at a bike shop for about 15 hours per week, and get good deals on sweet bike gear. First though, I have to win the lottery, and then we'll make some moves beyond that. Ah, we can all dream can't we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home