25 February 2007

Been awhile...

So it's been awhile, but I have an excuse. That insufferable place called work has been holding me back again. Yes, I have written before of the promises that I've received from the people that I work for saying, "It's going to get better. Just hang in there." Well folks, I ain't seeing it.

Over the last 3 weeks, I have worked, on average, 70 hours per week. Most nights, not getting home until after 8PM, whilst leaving the house around 6 or 6:30 in the AM. There were more than a few nights where I didn't get home until well after 10 in the evening, or later. Yeah, it's not a good time that's for sure. More to do than I can handle, and well, nobody else to do it. I suspect that this week, should be more of the same, because all of the other stuff that I've been doing has caused me to neglect the other things that I should have been doing, and hence, I'm caught up on one front, and still flailing away in the dark at the other stuff. Needless to say, with all of the work, there has been no riding. 3 weeks, no rides. I could have ridden last week, but alas, had to help a friend move on Saturday, and needed to sleep on Sunday. This weekend, could have ridden yesterday, but alas, have been working so much that I needed a full day to do nothing, and sleep, and recover. Today, it's raining and nasty outside. No riding this weekend. Oh, and racing started this weekend as well. I'm so far behind, I'll never catch up now methinks. Well, at least not until this summer I think. If I can start riding to work a few days a week, that would get me some good riding time, and good saddle time, but we'll see how that all works out.

Anyway, more writing later, just wanted to complain about my job, again, and continually. I know, I need to find something else to do, but I can't right now. I'm locked in to what I'm doing for right now, and might get a reprieve when the SO gets done with school. We'll see. More ramblings to come, just wanted to give a quick update.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home