17 December 2006

Burning things and drinking beer...

There is something that is very nice about standing around in the back yard, drinking beer, and burning things that just makes you feel good. I can't explain it, maybe it's a guy thing, but alas, it's just a good time drinking beer, and burning wood pallets that your neighbors retrieved from the local Wal-Mart (indeed, Wal-Mart IS good for something after all). This is especially a good time, on a night like this. It's a little chilly, the sky is clear, and well, it's just nice out there. This definitely goes back to the old high school days of when we would have parties on Scotty's Mountain behind the high school in the middle of the woods. Of course, back in that time, I didn't drink the beers, but I did hang around, and I did stand around and burn things. I normally would play the part of the DD, driving my drunk ass friends home late at night, and then crawling into bed. I never had a hangover, so that was a good thing, my friends, well, they weren't so lucky methinks. Just like this evening, as opposed to the last time there were people over here, I won't have a hangover. Last time though, before Thanksgiving, I was IN THE DITCH. Meaning, too much beer, too much bourbon, too many Jello shots. Yeah, I said it. Too many Jello shots. I hadn't really had any for a long time, and now I remember why, especially when they're made with Everclear. For those of you not in "the know" about Everclear, essentially, it's paint thinner, it's almost 200 proof corn alcohol, and a few drops of that will taken you down to Chinatown, and before Thanksgiving, that's what happened to me. Although, my hangover the next day was not as bad as it could have been, due in fact to the guys who live downstairs being paramedics, and due also to the fact that when they party with their friends and get hammered, they tend to start hanging IV fluids on the drunk people to decrease the chances of hangover. That night, I had 2 bags of saline, and about a liter of water before I went to bed, and the fact that I was still hungover the next day can speak to the volume of alcohol that I did consume that evening. If I hadn't had that IV drip that evening, I don't know how I would have ended up the next day. It was bad enough as it was, but without the saline, I dread to think.

It's getting late, so it's time to hit the rack. Get some sleep, and get up tomorrow, and not fear Sunday. Why don't I fear Sunday this week? Well, mostly because I don't have to go to work on Monday. Ah yeah! Vacation. I'm off work now until the 2nd of January, which is, in my mind, a well deserved hiatus. Many things to not do over this break, and much kicking back and relaxing to catch up on. More on that later on.

3 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger My Two Cents said...

everclear shots at your in-laws at thanksgiving? i can see north carolina is getting in your blood...

smarten up!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger giantcu92 said...

Actually, the Everclear shots were at home before we down to Florida for Thanksgiving. The guys who live downstairs threw a party...

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger My Two Cents said...

Phew! Scared me there for a second! Happy travels at Xmas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home