02 December 2006

Yesterday's post...

I was supposed to post this yesterday, but fell asleep before I could do so. See below...

It’s official kids. It has been 2 years since I’ve been with this woman who was first identified on these pages as “The SO”, and then last Spring became “The Fiancé” (her name is withheld to protect the innocent of course). Over those 2 years, we’ve had lots of good times, some bad, but hey, everyone has their ups and downs in relationships don’t they? Of course they do, but like most successful relationships, we’ve had a lot more up, than down, and this is a good thing. Of course after popping the question in a somewhat informal way to her, we decided that we ought to move in together, which we did back in June. I might add that without the help of The Chad, the move would not have happened, since the now Fiancé was out of town at the time, and couldn’t contribute to the moving of material from my current place of residence to the new place if residence, and wasn’t available to move her own items from her place of residence to the new domicile. Ah well, she owes me one move on that one. It was all good. In a nice twist of fate though, our wedding date will be on the anniversary of our first date and or meeting on December 1st. I think that worked out pretty good. Talk about tying things together. First date, December 1st, 2004. Wedding date, December 1st, 2007. Sort of like that rug in the Big Lebowski, having the wedding date on that day really ties things together man (if you’ve never seen The Big Lebowski, then I really have no use for you, please watch it. It’s life changing really). This evening, we’re heading back to where it all started, The Lantern in Chapel Hill. If you have never been there, and you live in the area, you’re doing yourself a culinary disservice. The place is stupendous. They have so many different delicious things going on, with the ever changing menu thing happening, you never know what you’re going to get. And, I think sometimes, they have special dinners where they cook everything from local foodstuffs, and it’s like a 5 or 6 course dinner, or something like that. Anyway, check out their website linked above. The best part about it, is that the prices are not that bad actually for some fine dining. This is the most amazing part. Great food, great service, decent prices.

Anyway, back to the point (sorry for the foray off road there) of this entry. The now fiancé. I’ve had a great 2 years being with her, and I look forward to many more with her, as in, until we grow old together. I love her very much and I’m certain that this love will continue to grow. I really do hope that other people can be as lucky as I have been in finding someone that they can really connect with. Yeah, it’s true, I’m totally sucked in. I can’t help it. So if The Fiancé is reading this, just know, my heart is always with you and always will be.

Yes, even I can get sentimental and emotional at times. And no I wasn’t crying when I was writing this.

5 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're sucked in! My evil plan has succeeded.

Your rock my world, baby.

Love,
The SO/Fiance'

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have the love of your life! There will be many ups and downs but always remember why your there. Growing old can be fun with that special person and i love that you have her.
your big sister AMY
(p.s. Take it from some one who has many ups and DOWNS)
loveya

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tee hee. isn't it how funny this is the guy who barely grumps out a word or two at the dinner table but get him on a keyboard and....watch out!

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger giantcu92 said...

I don't like to talk much.

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger giantcu92 said...

I don't like to talk much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home