29 June 2006

Clipping nails...

Why does the guy who sits over on the other side of the cubicle from me (the guy over the wall) insist on clipping his fingernails at work? In the morning just as I'm sitting down to my yummy oatmeal? I don't get it. Doesn't this guy have a damn bathroom at his home where he can do this? Once per week, just like clockwork, I hear the clippers come out, and the clipping begins. It's pretty damn disgusting. I'm waiting for the day when one of those things comes flying over the wall, and I open up the proverbial can of of whoop ass on him. OK, maybe not a literal can of whoop ass, but you can be sure a large stink would be made by me about it. Like I said, what the hell? Can't you do that at home? Why are you clipping your nails at work? It's stupid. It's ridiculous. Personal grooming should not be accomplished at work. Keep that stuff in your house. Damn... People who do things like that, need to be taken out in the back and bludgeoned with a dull nail file. Just another fine reason to keep going to work every week. I can look forward to someone clipping their nails over the wall from me.

Now to get down to business here. The Tour de France starts on Saturday. Prologue, 7 some odd kilometers, and of course, another year, and a whole lot of controversy. Seems as though every year, there is more and more controversy before the start of this race. And again this year, doping is taking precedence in the spotlight, and not the riders and not the race. We'll see what all shakes loose from this latest bout of investigations into doping within the sport. Anyway, the prologue. I'm not even going to write about the rest of the race for now, more as it progresses. After thinking about it for awhile, and after reading some reports, and reading some interviews, I've decided that my pick is going to have to be, David Millar. Although I think also that Dave Zabriskie has a very good chance of doing the same thing that he did last year. Take the prologue, and have the yellow jersey on his shoulders for a little while. Of course, last year, the prologue was more of an actual time trial, because it was too long to call it a prologue. Now, through the last couple of years, I've been pretty harsh on David Millar. He got busted for doping, and he is essentially a large assed whiner, and well, a very spoiled kid. I read an interview with him today, and I kind of feel better about the guy now. Honestly. He did a good interview, and came clean about a lot of things, and was really honest with his words, and basically called himself a dumb ass. So now, I'm hoping that the whining is gone, and I think now, he realizes what he did by doping and winning the 2003 World Time Trial championship, and he lost basically everything. The lifestyle, his apartment, his career (at least for a couple of years), and almost his life really. He has come back, and seems like he is genuinely happy that Saunier Duval gave him another chance at his chosen profession, and that they were willing to go out on a limb for him and all. He'll ride fast in the prologue, and I actually hope that he takes it. It would be a good story. And I hope, for my sake, that his whining is over and done with and gone forever.

That being said, I won't be sad if Dave Z. takes the prologue. He's a funny guy, even if he is from Utah.

1 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger giantcu92 said...

Indeed it is. When I wrote this, not everything had gone down yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home